3D Environment Artist
We are looking for a 3D Environment Artist to help craft a new game at Snowman.
You’re joining a very small but world-renowned team based in Toronto.
We’re flexible on hours, work location (you can work from home when required), and we’re not micromanagers. We want you to be able to make decisions on your own.
- Model beautiful, stylized, natural environments.
- Work closely with concept artist and game designer.
- We need someone multi-faceted who can wear many hats and learn things on their own.
- Preference for minimal and non-photorealistic art styles.
- Proficient in the use of Maya (or 3D modeling package), Photoshop, ZBrush/Mudbox, and Texture creation/Material editing (Substance Painter/Mari/Unreal/Unity). This new game will be made with Unity3D.
- You should have a good sense of design (but you don’t need to be a “designer”).
- You need to be comfortable with the constraints that different platforms (e.g. mobile, console, PC) require of your work.
- Versatility. We are looking for someone to design, model, texture, and bring any other expertise that'll help realize the world we are trying to create.
Bonus Points! 👾
- Game design experience.
- Have worked on minimal/non-photorealistic games before.
- Familiar with iOS / macOS / tvOS ecosystems.
- Fine art experience.
This job will be based out of our studio in downtown Toronto. Experience and drive are more important than fancy school degrees.
If you’re looking for something fun and exciting that isn’t your typical game studio job, get in touch and show us your work!
Snowman is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Snowman welcomes all races, religions, genders, countries of origin, and sexual orientations.